Starting out with Cichlids Part 2

roo

Hi all,

Well now that I have the tank in my unit, My lack of patience got the better of me. I ended up buying 00 crushed marble and found myself washing it in buckets in my bath tub at 10 pm last night huh.gif . I put it in the tank and added a couple of buckets of water.

Do i need to do anything before adding rocks and the like. I am buying a canister filter on Thursday night. So I should be able to set it up over the weekend.

This is my first tank so it is a big learning curve. Even found myself taking pics of the empty tank on its stand.

Scrub all your rocks, soak wood, clean everything thats going in, You could arrange your rocks and see where your going to put them.. Where your heaters are going.. ect ect..

G'day Roo

What do you plan on putting into the tank (Fishwise)?

Also where are you located? Perhaps when you add this to your profile, someone may be able to assist you with cycling your new tank. (By giving you an established filter or filter media or gravel and/or tankwater)

This is an exciting time, but be warned it will almost certainly become addictive. Oh yes and your house may never look the same again blink.gif

Welcome thumb.gif

Roo -

If you are in Sydney, come along to the NSWCS major auction this Saturday and have a chat to a few folk re: tank setup.

Details on www.nswcs.org.au

Best of luck with it.

Archived