fish room nearing completion

chorrylan

yay... I'm nearly finished.

Just one more coat of paint on the removable wall blocking the roller door, move the last rack in, insulate and cover the final bit of external wall and my fishroom will finally be up and running (and I get my family room back)

Some happy snaps along the way:

user posted image

The framework for a dividing wall in my garage. the really, really hard part was finding places to stash the huge volume of junk I had in there beforehand.

user posted image

Nearly done...

At the moment there's:

1 6x2x2

3 6x2x18"

4 4x2x18"

4 3x18"x16"

8 2x18"x18"

Waiting to go in is the last rack with

3 5x18" x 16", and

1 3 x 18" x 16"

for a shade under 6000 litres of water or a shade over counting the sumps.

So far the only casualties I've had in the transition have been mystery snails that want to climb out and go walkabout so my stress levels are gradually easing off.

Great stuff laurie - do send us a picture to show us what your lounge room looks like without the aquaria. Personally i thought it was pretty awesome! Do you plan to redecorate? Any tanks still in the house? What about your tropheus?

Cheers

WW wink.gif

The photos don't do it justice let me tell you, as I saw it on Sunday to pick up some 6'ers it is very impressive thumb.gif . I ended up helping with the last couple of big 6'ers, and let me tell you that my arms are still stretched after helping move that 6x2x2. LOL.gif

What are you going to put in them all.

Bijengum - believe it or not they are already full. Since his tanks are already full I suggested that he use his family room for a fish room woot.gif

BTW Great work Laurie as our fish room constructions started about the same time and I am only putting up my first wall sheet tonight. I may be finished by 2006 LOL.gif

cheers

rosco

i hope you have pleanty of money left after you finish

ha ha ... after buying two new racks & tanks and open heart surgery on my car I'll be too broke to buy anything for another decade or so.

What are your importation plans in 2014 looking like nigel?

re: the pedestal fan. yep it gets replaced just as soon as I get down to a shop that sells smaller ones. That's the on;y one I had available.

Archived