Where to get Poret foam

bcolwell

Hi folks, just want to pick the collective brains of the group on this. I would like to get some Poret foam to make a Hamburg Mattenfilter for one of my tanks and some as a graduated filter in my sump. In the sump I'm looking at getting the three sheets to filter from course (10ppi) through medium (20ppi) to fine (30ppi)

The questions are:

1. Is there anywhere to get this in Aus - preferably Sydney. I know I can order it from NZ

2. Is Poret the only / best way to do this? (I have a heavily stocked tank and am over forever changing filter wool)

Thanks,

Bruce

Thanks Ged I did but there reply was:

"Thank you for your inquiry. Our local agent for EMW- aquarium and pond products in the area of Australia and New Zealand is:

Mr. Greg Van Der Poel

Bumblebee Films

16 Moana Road

NZ 5032 Paraparaumu, Wellington

New Zealand"

Can you PM some prices when you get some. I might be interested in getting some too, might be cheaper to share the shipping costs

Josh

Thanks Joller, I'll have a look at clark rubber and see what they have

Make sure it is aquarium safe not all clark rubber sponge is. Most breaks downs in water and is sprayed with stuff that is not good for fish.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the interest around Poret filter foam.

It has been so good that we are pretty much out of stock in all densities. We have found most people who purchase some for their filtration needs, end up purchasing more for their other aquariums! I think this speaks volumes for the versatility of the product – duct tape for fishkeepers.

Our new stock arrives at the end of the month. We have got all the previously sold densities in both blue and black. We also have a new higher density (45ppi) which will be perfect for shrimp keepers.

One way that we have tried to make things easier for our Australian customers is to have Paypal facilities and an online store. Any feedback is always appreciated so we can make your experience on our site as easy and enjoyable as possible.

Delivery cost is based on weight only. Great stuff considering the high volume/low weight of the product. We have tried to price our product very fairly to provide a high quality/cost effective solution for fish and pond keepers alike. We would love for everyone to have the same easy experience of fish keeping that we have now we use Poret foam

The real excitement is all the positive feedback from our existing customers.

I have to say (and i'm assuming that's Greg ^^^^^) that the questions i've flooded Greg with and the willingness to answer them and to help pre purchase has been frankly second to none.

I finally ordered some this week, I did international express delivery, so hopefully get it early next week. The delivery cost was around $20 plus about $140 NZD worth of foam. Saying that with our $ the way it is, that worked out to be approx $120 AUS.

So if your even thinking about getting some of this go ahead and try it Greg has been exceptional. I'll post a few pictures once I set it up.

I received mine today with international air, which was the middle shipping option it's taken 4 business days from the day it was sent.

I've worked out prior to cutting exactly what i want out of the sizes I have to help minimize waste.

I have

2 x 50x50x5cm 30PPI

1 x 50x50x3cm 20PPI

1 x 50x50x5cm 10PPI

Plan to use the 20 and 10 PPI for filter pads in the sump baffles, and the 30PPI will be used to devide the sump up to section off for K1 and a refugium.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received mine today with international air, which was the middle shipping option it's taken 4 business days.

Plan to use the 20 and 10 PPI for filter pads in the sump baffles, and the 30PPI will be used to devide the sump up to section off for K1 and a refugium.

Any chance you have had time to take some photos. I would love to see how the Poret foam is being used as a refugium.

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg,

I had a look at the website but wasn't quite sure what to order. I am planning on using in a few matrix sumps I have fired up and was wondering what density you would recommend.

cheers

rosco

Hi Greg,

I had a look at the website but wasn't quite sure what to order. I am planning on using in a few matrix sumps I have fired up and was wondering what density you would recommend.

cheers

rosco

The 30ppi and new 45ppi has been popular in setting up a refugium type system.

If it is a very high volume of water moving through a small surface area I would look at the 20ppi.(eg 4500l/hr flowing though a 25cm x 25cm area.)

The 20ppi is the one I use the most of as its a great all rounder.

I hope this helps.

Just a note that any orders taken after 4:30pm tomorrow will only be shipped in the new year.

Happy holidays to everyone.

Archived