finally got my tank (6ft x 4ft x 2.5ft)

Gav

got it delivered to my garage... am now just waiting on the guy to bring a trolley around so we can get it in to the house. its a little heavy, so not easily carried (about 300kg dry weight). so currently its on some crates until we can move it inside.

IPB Image

IPB Image

its new home is here. need to use the trolley to take it around the side of the house, then get it inside, flip it and put it on the stand. loads of fun eh?

IPB Image

IPB Image

hopefully will get this done next weekend. still trying to source driftwood for it. also have to decide on substrate. i doubt it will have fish before next year. will add details here as it progresses anyway.

holes arent drilled yet no. they will be getting done next week. filtration will be two eheim pro 3's. they are sitting here ready to go. just need to get the six holes drilled in the base then we will be good to go. plan is to have all the holes done along the base of the back 6ft length, 4 out, 2 in.

That's hot Gav. :p Now we can bath together in privacy! :wub

:confused::blink

Looks great Gav! Are you gonna lay down some wooden sheeting for the tank to sit on? I recommend 15mm plywood; you can just cut it to size and use liquid nails.

Bruce

i make it out to be 1620 litres actually. but yer, lotsa water

bruce, i am going to first of all even out the stand. there is about 4mm difference between the middle and sides, so i will get some thin sheets of metal to build up the sides. i will then lay 15mm marine ply and foam on top before putting the tank on.

rich, you are a sick, sad, strange little man.

rosco, sure, 5000 neons if its your shout ;)

ha ha ha ha that tanks got nothing...... ive got a bigger bath :lol1:

hey ive got a plan! we can catch all the fish this coming weekend and you can have marlin and stuff in it ha ha ha ha ha then it will be a really cool tank!

by the way this is my RSVP see you at yours sat morning :thumb

nice tank

LuNGz

MVP: i have contemplated lots of things. would LOVE a red aro, but for the same money i got myself a really nice SLR camera and lenses etc. so i am instead going with geos. a bit cheaper, still really nice and they get a great size. i reckon i can fit 40 or 50 in there, maybe more. will likely also add some angels, discus, tetras and catfish.

yup, but the difference in weight is a 8x2.5x2.5 in 15mm is about 200 kg, whereas this is 300. its also far more difficult to hold. if we were to drop it, it could mean significant injury to one of us. so while it may be possible, its just not worth the possible risk.

Archived