My Fish Room

stotto

Hey guys

Thought I would post up some pics of my new fish room. My self, Mezzacam & a couple of mates put her up in 2 days and another day of putting in the insulation and ply on the outside and inside. Its not quite done yet as I need to get some insulation on the other 2 walls and roof. There is still a few bits and peices to be done and get a coat of paint on the ply, but other than that im pretty happy with the job.

Im thinking about putting a whirlybird on the roof to get the air moving and to cool it as it has colourbond on the roof and the other 2 sides. What are your thoughts on that ??, am i defeating the purpose of the insulation ??.

The start

IPB Image

1 of the walls

IPB Image

Door goes on

IPB Image

Complete frame

IPB Image

Neally done

IPB Image

Fat Bats go in

IPB Image

Finished result (neally)

IPB Image

Mezzacam "helping" NOT... :lol4:

IPB Image

Any ideas and coments are welcome. :thumb

Ben

The colour bond will definatly get hot but with the insulation on the roof it may be ok. As long as the room doesnt boil by keeping tooo much heat in. Looks like you will be up and running in no time at all. Goodluck with the room post more pics of it when you make more progress.

:clap

Looking good.

I found putting the walls up the easy bit. The fit out is much harder.

Josh

Its looking good Ben. :thumbup:

The WhirlyBird will cause you to loose a fair amount of heat during winter but may be needed during summer.

I now know what type of "car" Mezzacam got for his 18th Birthday. :lol3:

thanks for you comments guys.

mmmm ok I might have to try make a little door or something so in the winter I can close off the Whirly Bird.

Yeah putting up the walls was quite easy. The hardest thing was putting on the door :lol2:

Tanks at the moment will be my 4x2x2, 2x 4fts, 3ft and 2x 2fts. That still leaves me with about 5 empty tanks laying around but I would like to see the power bill befor I set up more tanks. Also most of the mentiond tanks are on seperate stands wich takes up more room. When I get my wallet back in shape im thinking about oging to get some pallet racking or long spand shelving(depending how much it can hold) and that will make the room look better and save soom floor space so I can get more tanks in :lol3:

Looks good!

Line the ceiling and fill the void with insulation before you worry about whirly birds. You might not need it ;)

Ged, Yeah the new car is very nice, so many luxuries from my last model :p

Just did a trip to coffs harbour and back... 3 weeks up, 3 weeks back... Purred like a kitten the whole way.. :lol3::lol3:

Anyways... I'm not much of a builder so i just rode my beast around and around and around... And when i did eventually help... Stotto put a drill into my fingers and took a lump of nice flesh off... :angry: Oh well! It has my blood mark/signature on the woodwork to show i helped. haha :hug:

Line the ceiling and fill the void with insulation before you worry about whirly birds. You might not need it

I agree 100% with Baz. I have the same style metal flat garage roof. In summer it was 42 outside and 32 inside the fish room, I lined mine with R4 batts with fibre cement sheeting. I have no wirly bird :thumbup: . Other than than that it is looking good. :thumb

cheers

rosco

Archived