Shellies ?

i think thats how you spell it (escargo) for all who don't know escargo is those French snails you eat.

My question is can you use these for shellies cleaned properly of course and were might you be able to get hold of these. I was thinking the use shells at restraunts maybe?

Hey yeah, I think it was Carlos ( correct me if I'm wrong ) But not sure if there are any more... I use sea shells but they cant always move them and if they have sharp edges they risk hurting their mouths if they do try to move them. So I also try and mix it up a lil with a few small light ones incase they are unhappy where they are. And so far so good smile.gif

Let me Know If you find any escargo shells maybe we can go halves in some Because last time they were only sold in Box form woot.gif lol

Thanks Tracid

yup it was me smile.gif

because they are food grade all i had to do was give them a rinse under the hose and popped them in the tank. but these were straight from the box, were you planning on using ones that were already used to serve the snails?

i tried to buy some from the little snail restaurant here in sydney and there were trying to charge me like $1 a shell! angry.gif

i went to my 1st NSW cichlid meeting on the weekend and saw one of my boxes i had for sale on auction woot.gif

not sure who was selling it tho, mayb if you put a WTB in the classifieds for em it'l get that person's attention.

cheers

Carlos

I use shells from dead and departed mystery snails. They are light and can be moved around. I put the snail shell near an ants nest for a few days when it is picked clean.

i think thats how you spell it (escargo) for all who don't know escargo is those French snails you eat.

My question is can you use these for shellies cleaned properly of course and were might you be able to get hold of these. I was thinking the use shells at restraunts maybe?

I've kept shellies for ages and have always used common sea shells.

I've never seen a fish hurt their mouth on one of these shells, and all but the biggest shells still managed to get moved around by the little guys.

...and all but the biggest shells still managed to get moved around by the little guys.

call it a characater building excercise LOL.gif

on a more helpfull note, I use light seashells called Tonna shells (Tonna is a genus name so you can google it here is a pic of ones similar to mine)

-worm-

EDIT: without trying to sound anally retentive, I think it is spelt escargot tongue.gif

Archived