Digital Cameras For Taking Fish Pictures

The cichlid Man

Different cameras will suit different people..

Do you want a point and shoot camera or something with alot of manual options?

How advanced are you in taking photos already ?

Also, whats your budget?

If you are going to spend good money, $400+ then opt for a brand carrying a good lens. Carl Sues (however you spell it) is a good one i have had experience on. if you are looking for something that is professional, go the Nikon D70 SLR, has interchangable lens' for around $1700 if you look in the right places...

Hi Ben,

Like what lepper said, it depends on your requirements.

When I first started taking photos of fish, I used a point and shoot style camera.

I got totally frustrated and got myself a Digital SLR. Now it's a breeze taking half decent fish shots. I learnt more about photography with a D-SLR in 6 weeks than I did with a Film-SLR in 6 years!

If I had to choose the most important thing in a camera: No Shutter Lag

Give us a hint. Budget, size etc...

very true fins, I am actually looking at gettin a DSLR mysef... Have done heaps of research and come down to the very affordable, for some, Canon EOS 300D or the Nikon D70. After reading heaps, it comes down only a few things that i pick the nikon for. The shutter speeds and the ability to take continuus shots basically til you can't store anymore photos. clap.gif

Just need to rob a bank now... Ebay seems like the best place to buy cameras at the moment no matter on what price range you decide...

If I had a choice over the 300D or the D70 I would chose the D70 hands down..

The only thing I would take over the D70 would be the Canon 20D..

Be careful with buying cameras of ebay..

Alot of them are grey imports and factory seconds or even refurbished units.

Even though they claim to have a full Australian warranty..

Just be careful of ebay for electronic goods in general..

Cheers..

Prices are dropping quickly. I remember 6 months ago you couldn't get a D-SLR for less than $2000. Now you can pick one up for less than $1500. Also, with more manufactures putting out D-SLR's, the prices should continue to drop.

Archived