Tropheus

waruna

G'Day.

Tropheus keepers, need advice on this: do you think the adults actually eat their fry if they could get to them or do they simply kill them? Anyone here has a tank with no hiding places and seen dead fry? Seen an adult in action, i mean eat one? Lol.

Thanks in advance.

Waruna

When I had them a while back, I watched a male I had hunt and kill them. he would just bite them and spit them out.

I believe most of them must be eaten. Of all the mouthfuls I've lost due to them being spat in the tank, I've rarely seen any dead fry. I was speaking to another member the other day and he put some fry in with his duboisi colony and the adults literally ripped them to pieces and ate them.

I believe most of them must be eaten. Of all the mouthfuls I've lost due to them being spat in the tank, I've rarely seen any dead fry. I was speaking to another member the other day and he put some fry in with his duboisi colony and the adults literally ripped them to pieces and ate them.

Yes my big Duboisi colony ripped up 6 Moliro fry 4cm in front of me.. and let the other 9 survive.. have probably lost about 50 Dub fry to Males eating them..

Archived