Pallet racking for aquarium stand

Chuckmeister

I've noticed a few people mentioning pallet racking as a stand for their tanks.

I've recently purchased some pallet racking for my garage for general storage of tools etc. I recall that each level was rated at around 150kg. that would take only 150 liters of water which is a small tank to max the rating.

Being 6 foot long, I assume people are filling up the rack.

Has anyone used pallet racking and can provide some feedback?

I saw this setup and it made me question how safe the weight is.

i use pallet racking on my tanks.it depends on what size tanks you want to use..om 1 rack im running 4x 4x18x20 and each beam is rated on the length and by the looks of the link on gumtree..they use span line racking..it not that strong its almost as strong as the bunnings racking..but yeah pallet racking is the way to go..in my fish room im run a total of 6 pallet racks and love them

Chuck you need to be looking at warehouse grade pallet racking.
Ie. The stuff they actually stack loaded pallets on.

I'm not sure what you have - but at 150kgs per shelf it would barely even hold empty pallets?

mine is called longspan shelving, not pallet racking so I think thats the difference...rated to 250kg actually but still very light duty

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bibra-lake/sheds-storage/best-value-long-span-steel-shelving-garage-shed-storage-from/1076651759

I can really see the difference with pallet racking in quality.

There is only one problem that is it is made from mild steel and the lifespan in my fish room is turning out to be less than 10 years

Neil

hi chuck sorry for the late reply. yes its solid weld and its the dexion pallet racking that yanke put up. the only thing you have to do to it is cut the stabilizer arms down to the width of your tanks so the side arms will take the full support / weight of your tanks. it comes 840mm wide standard and I cut mine down to 610mm.

Archived