West African Dwarf book wanted

Daniel

No, but try 'Amazon' on line.

Eg. Catfish book $69.95 best price in Aus. AU$30 from Amazon USA (with a foot note = shipped from UK) so went to Amazon UK !!! AU$19.00 posted. :) Go figure :): depends where the book is published, and carefull ! I found 2nd hand and damaged books from some sellers dearer than new.

Alan

Hi Daniel,

Have had success in ordering books through Angus and Roberston online.

The ISBN for the book in question is ISBN 1-56465-166-5

If you go to www.angusrobertson.com.au and change the search feature to...actually, lol, I'll post you the url :)

http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/frontpage...rchbycat=&db=us

Cichlids from West Africa: African Cichlids 1

Type: Trade Cloth By Linke, Horst $61.40

I am sure Dymocks or other stores can also order the book in.

Just remember that most of these books, have to be shipped in from either the UK or USA.

HTH

Many thanks for all your replies. However, this book appears to be out of stock (Amazon UK, Amazon USA and Angus & Robertson Aust. (thanks for the link MSC)each confirm this). Do you think they are holding off till the new edition in English arrives ?

Any other ideas as I am pretty keen to get a copy? This appears to be the only decent book available for West African Dwarfs.

Daniel

Daniel

try this site

Aquatic Book Shop

he was advertising in a US mag

African Cichlids 1 West Africa US$18.88

also

T-68 African Cichlids II, Cichlids From Eastern Africa   By Dr. Wolfgang Staeck and Horst Linke   East Africa is home to more than half of the known 1,500 cichlid species. Since their first appearance in the hobby in the late 1950's, East African cichlids have enjoyed a special popularity with cichlid keepers worldwide. This book is completely revised, updated, and expanded edition. A representative species selection overviews the multitude of forms and patterns and provides insight into the various living conditions and reproductive behavior of these appealing fish. Special consideration is given to cichlids found in the two great lakes of the East African Rift Valley; Lakes Tanganyika and Malawi. Tanganyikan cichlids are renowned for their vivid coloration, while Malawi cichlids are especially valued for their fascinating breeding behavior. Over 200 pages, 200 photographs, hardback. US$18.88

He seems to have some seriously good stuff

:8 L2H

Link2hell,

Many thanks for your help. They indeeed have a very good range of books. I have made an inquiry with them for the West Africa book. Either way, I think I will be doing an order -the strong A$ helps too !

cheers,

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

Daniel,

If you do end up being able to grab the west african book off them, can you shoot me an email, as i would love to get one too- i just had a look and yeah, they do have a heap of good books and while the AUD is where it's at, why not grab them!

Cheers,

Andrew,

Blackwater, Queensland

fishtrader_lau AT hotmail.com

Seahorses.com has an incredible range of books but unfortunately do not have this book in stock. Apparently, they wont be getting it in either (they told me this by email). However, I was still going to do an order for 10 or 12 other books that interested me (helped by the fact that they are so cheap with the booming Aussie dollar). However, I have been told that they are no allowed to accept credit card orders for foreigners. Bummer ! The only way is to pay by international bank draft (which will cost about $20 I think).

I am now hoping that someone I know will be travelling to the US shortly and can bring these books back after paying by credit card in the USA. The only other alternative is that I was considering asking other people in this forum if they would like to do a combined order of say $500 or more, which would make it worth the hassle and expense of bank draft and shipping. I am still umming and arrrring though. It would work out that each book will cost an additional 20% after converting to AUD (current rote of exchange 0.74). Still works out pretty cheap, around 50-60% of the cost of buying these books locally. Baensch Atlases are particularly cheap.

Archived