NSWCS Illawarra Branch Major Auction

intern1

Hi Everyone,

It is that time of year again for another Major Auction. What is everyone going to be bringing and wanting to buy?

Not sure what I am after but I am sure I will bring home something. I will be bringing $$$$$

John

Thank you Josh .

Illawarra Branch Major Auction !

Lol I thought st George area

Or Shire at most

Just checked its past Wollongong

May I ask what the turn out is like compared to the Sydney one?

Pretty good we usually get a fairly full hall. From memory we had about 85 visitors turn up last year and Sydney gets about 100 to theirs.

Bugger!!! I am going to miss my first one in years. Apparently my sister thought it was a good idea to get married to some bozo that day so I will miss it for the first time in years and years.

cheers

rosco

Hi all, i've been thinking of taking a road trip upto this auction and was wondering what time should i aim to get there ? It says the auction starts at 2pm but i imagine there will be time to get arould and check out whats on offer before the bidding starts. Also as a first timer to a Cichlid auction what am i in for and if i decide to buy anything ( more than likely lol ) what should i bring with me or would a foam box of two cover it ? any info would be appreciated.

You can't check out the fish until its up for auction your welcome to walk up and have a look

But there should be a big screen that shows a picture of the fish

All you need is MONEY :)

Once you win the bid using a bidders card you go to the counter and pay for the fish straight away.

I am sure other will probably go in to more detail about the whole auction

Silence is golden so if people around you talking crap lol tell them to shoosh

Hahahha

Thanks for the info. one other question, are there mainly fry for sale or adults or both ? A friend of mine use to be quite active in the cichlid society auctions and he said he would display adults of the fry he was selling, dose this still happen ? or maybe I've got my wires crossed lol.

Mick

bring your sytro box and some rubber bands, plastic bags and Prime

a container of water can be useful too

club has a bottle of O2 there

get a seat up near the front and you can ask to have a look

at the lot being auctioned if interested

as far as displaying adults to sell fry that would be during a

meeting night when there is a table show and mini auction

fry to adult are sold but you won't know until the day what's

up for sale as the lots come out

I'm keen to get an idea of what will be available on the day so it would be great if anyone planning to auction fish could post what they are taking. the main reason i'm trying to find out in advance is because i have to travel for about 4 1/2 hrs and won't have the opertunity to do so on a regular basis. my situation is that i would like to buy some leptosomas or some nice tropheus but if i have the opertunity to buy a few more tricoti that would be my preference but i dont want to miss out on one of the other two waiting for some tricoti that aren't there.

I seriously doubt that you will see any tricoti at the auction..I do not believe we have ever had tricoti at any auction.

If you are expecting super rare normally very expensive fish to be available at bargain prices you may be very disappointed, if on the other hand you would like to possibly buy many species at a very reasonable price compared to retail then you should be very pleased with what is on offer on the day.

This will be the first auction I have missed attending in a very long time and they are always full of surprises.

Kevin

I would have say I doubt there will ne tricoti there on the day. I have never seen them at an auction.

Laptop's go through, but in small numbers.

Tropheus more or less the same.

I will guarantee there will be Electric Yellows and bristlenose cat fish.

I am taking some Flavus, mulitipuntatis, furcifer kigoma, L201 and maybe some maswa.

TBH i didn't expect to see any tricoti but i thought mentioning it may give me a indication of what is available. I don't expect to get any super rare exotic cichlids at bargain prices at all ! i just don't know what to expect as i have never been to one of these auctions before. I don't really care if i don't buy anything at all, i am looking forward to this because iv'e been a fish keeper for many years and this should be a great day seeing another side to the hobby.

Archived