What tank to buy

jbounce

Hi all,

Ive had my 4x1.5x1.5 ft tank for 5 years. The glass is only 6mm thick and my 12 inch Red Devil is really agressive and I am worried that he may break the glass.

I am looking to get a stronger tank, just wondering if there are any reputable tank brands out there.

Also should I go glass or acrylic, Im usually a fan of glass but hear acrylic is stronger but prone to scratching.

Im in Sydney so wondering where I can get good tanks.

Thanking you all in advance.

hi

u can go with a 4x18x24 that is 10mm glass

and it will fix on the stand u have now and the light will fix also

u may want to get a bigger filter but u may not have to

the only thing u will have to get is the tank

yanke

hi

u can go with a 4x18x24 that is 10mm glass

and it will fix on the stand u have now and the light will fix also

u may want to get a bigger filter but u may not have to

the only thing u will have to get is the tank

yanke

Thanks Yanke,

I might consider that, I have an old Fluval 404 that may work for that size hopefully.

Just wondering if there are brands out there or can I just purchase a tank from any retailer.

Just worried as my brother in laws tank busted and did some damage to the house.

Thanks.

Yanke has a very good point but it would help if we had more info regarding stock list.

as for brands ?

if i were you my choice would start from 4x2x2min up to a standered 6

if bigger i would sugest you run a sump with canisters

once people start looking into tanks they start looking at adding more fish lol all the best!

Thanks Foti,

I am planning to only have one fish. I cant keep anything with the Red Devil unfortunately unless its tiny fish like neons, he doesnt mind them for some reason.

Yeh, might look at the 4x2x2 tank. Just thought there might be brands out there but I might just get any tank from my LFS.

If it's only the glass thickness you're worried about you could get a 4x18 built from whatever you want. A devil will be fine in that space for life, and even if you doubled the tank size he may not play nice with tankmates anyway.

dont 4x2x2's come in 10mm standard?

Yes they are meant to...

I guess also depends on if you also want to get a new stand, if not the 4x18x24 is a good idea, the price difference between that and a 4x18x18 in 10mm glass Will be minimal.

Hth

Archived