Eheim Jagers leaking?

MoliroMan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should simply bring back the old "classic" green Jager heaters. None of the fancy temperature settings or knobs, just 0-9 and a slot to turn with a screwdriver or coin. And yet they were virtually bullet proof....

Ive got a Eheim Jager and there is no condensation whatsoever.

I belive the condensation is caused when water changes occur with water that is too cold and the heater is not left Off long enough to aclimatise it to the new water temp. I do my water changes with water that is as close to the same temp as the tank, as possible. I usually let is sit for half an hour or so and then plug the heater back in. Its the same principal as a car, when its cold outside and warm inside, condensation happens on the inside of the glass. Which is exactly what happens with the heater when cold water is introduced.

Ive never had condensation in any of my heaters except for a resun. This occured because one of the fish i had must have cracked the glass by bashing into it, without me knowing.

I may not be correct, but its something to consider anyway.

Reading that thread again brings tears to my eyes Duck hysterical.gif

I'm almost disappointed that Professor Teflon is banned after reading of his pressure cooker experiment again smile.gif

come on guys, don't pick on him! The problem is everyone thinks they are an expert and if anyone thinks differently they get cut down until they conform to the agreed believe. If this continues, no one will want to ask questions anymore and there will no longer be healthy constructive discussions.

Perhaps you've never experienced Teflon at his finest. There's a good reason he is banned you know blush.gif

human have produced einstien, and also Edison's Electric Lamp, and also hitler, and the almighty don't-mess-with-my-father-Bush regime.

Now we present you the once and for all mighty TEFLON cookware!

sorry i just cant help it, it is funny if you think of the effort that was put into it.

I'm using a couple of these in a sump at the moment. They've been going well for over 12 mths I think now, no problems at all.

The only issue with them is when you have a whole bunch of them plugged in you need to find somewhere to mount all the controllers blush.gif

Thank you John for posting the "pressure cooker" link, I never seen it the first time. I got a real good laugh out it. I wondered what happened to Teflon. There are a couple of "wallys" in that thread, smile.gif

Craig.

hysterical.gifhysterical.gifcryblow.gifhysterical.gif

They were the best of times - they were the worst of times thumbup.gif I laughed the first time around but found it even better tonight. You tried so hard Ducky thumb.gif

Cheers

Craig, not a problem. I enjoyed reading through it again too.

Aline, I had to hold all my best material back. I was trying to be nice.

MoliroMan, while some people may look at it as 'cutting people down' because of a different opinion, I look at it as shutting down VERY bad, and VERY dangerous advice, which can so easily proliferate on this kind of medium. Everybody is happy to criticise LFS employees who provide bad advice when asked a question they don't know the answer to, but what of people online who volunteer information that is totally invalid? I see much more dodgy advice in online forums (not necessarily this one!) than I ever recieved from a LFS.

Ducksta....i agree that your argument was correct and so do many others thumbup.gif ....but don't u feel a little sorry for Teflon.....maybe he has become so depressed as a result of all this and decided that life was not worth living.....though i seriously doubt that!!!! zipit.gifwink2.gif

Anyway, i guess we could all learn to give people the correct advice without being too cruel to them, we do want this to be a friendly forum dntknw.gif .....it is difficult for people to admit they are wrong especially those who have believed for years that they are "spot on"!!! thumb.gif

Dave I feel sorry for Teflon, but not because of that thread. woot.gif

Also, that thread wasn't the reason he was banned as far as I know, and probably wasn't even a contributing factor. Frankly, that is pretty tame in comparison to some of the other stuff he came up with (hence the reason the thread was FAQed and not deleted as most everything else he participated in ended up being), and I only got to see alot of his dribble after mods had edited for public exposure.

There probably was some element of 'personal attack' in my posts in that thread, but it was in no way just because of that thread and his opinion on that issue. I had him attack me personally on the forum numerous times. I know he did it to others also. He got all the love and respect he earned as far as I am concerned wink2.gif

Dave I feel sorry for Teflon, but not because of that thread. woot.gif

Also, that thread wasn't the reason he was banned as far as I know, and probably wasn't even a contributing factor.  Frankly, that is pretty tame in comparison to some of the other stuff he came up with (hence the reason the thread was FAQed and not deleted as most everything else he participated in ended up being), and I only got to see alot of his dribble after mods had edited for public exposure.

There probably was some element of 'personal attack' in my posts in that thread, but it was in no way just because of that thread and his opinion on that issue.  I had him attack me personally on the forum numerous times.  I know he did it to others also.  He got all the love and respect he earned as far as I am concerned wink2.gif

Duck is still spot on yes.gifLOL.gif

Archived