Natural colour food

Rol&Jas

Hi,

Currently, I'm using HBH spirulina flake and OSI Colour and Growth flake to feed my fry. The OSI Colour and Growth doesn't give much colour to the fry at all while I'm finding that the HBH spirulina flake enhances the colour of my fishes. I want to use another natural colour enhancing food alongside the HBH Spirulina flake. I have heard a lot about the HBH Rainbow Colour and the Sera San. I cannot decide between the 2. Has anyone have any experience with these food?

Thank you

Hey Roland,

I use tetra color bits on my fry - mainly cause it is the only food i have at the moment that i small enough for their mouthes!

I have found that it is bringing out some nice coloration in them.

I totally agree with you on the HBH spirulina. I use the pellets on my big kids, and it does result in some very nice coloration in my experience.

Grace

thought I might help you out with a reply that actually addressed your question mate.

I use sera san exclusively for my flake and find it gives fantastic results. have in the past used sera flora, nutra-max colour enhancing and hbh vege flake, all of which gave me unsatisfactory results. san seems to be the best by far of the flakes I have used.. haven't used the hbh colour one, thus can't comment on its quality.

Hi Guys,

I use HBH Tropical,Rainbow and Veggie Flake I mix it all together and it works a treat. All fish like the flake combination.

All fry grow and color very quickly with this combo.

I dont use Tetra Bits Ive had fish die with it stuck in there mouth. Thats just my experience with Tetra bits.

It is a funny hobby we are in. laugh.gif

What works for me may not work for you. smile.gif

All the best thumb.gif

Brett

Hi Brett,

Thanks for giving me your experience with the HBH brands wink.gif

You are perfectly right, what works for me might not work for others. I feel the same way.

Yes, we are in a funny hobby. My workmates are laughing when I call someone about cichlids and ask "Are they sexable?" LOL.gif

Roland

Archived