some of my rejects for the sept comp

sab

Hi all!

I thought I'd share some of my almost pics for this months comp and reasons why I felt they didnt make the cut (to help other photographers)…

user posted image

I realy like this shot of one of my male Cobalt Blues, but felt Ive taken enough shots of them! LOL! It has a great depth of field and you can see the zebra striping on the face. Who knows, I may be able to use it down the track for something else.

user posted image

Another Cobalt Blue shot that is a little on the dark side. I am still happy with the clarity of the shot though.

user posted image

A shot of one of my larger E yellow males. I culled this shot as it wasn't really looking at the camera! smile.gif But still, it shows some nice detail of scales etc.

user posted image

This was probably second choice - of one of my E yellow males – but I felt it was a little over exposed. Again it shows some nice detail of the fins and scales (and rocks! LOL! )

user posted image

One of my Lab sp. hongi females peeping out from under some rocks. Not as sharp as it could be and would have been nice to have more of her showing! smile.gif

user posted image

Another of the same female Lab sp. hongi and a very close second and almost chosen too! Its a face only a mother could love - aint she pretty! LOL! I really like this shot - looks quite surreal - but again Im pretty fussy and would have liked it a little sharper.

Best of luck everyone with the comp and I hope you enjoyed my other shots too! smile.gif

cheers

Steve (aka sab)

cheers for the comments guys! Much appreciated! smile.gif

I love photography, and also love the cichlids, so its a perfect combination to try and get some good shots! Believe me there are more bad shots taken than good ones! LOL! I think its just a matter of patience and trying different techniques – experimenting with the flash, shutter speed and aperture etc.

now, back to the camera for some more shots!

cheers

Steve

Archived