Food Recommendation

noyd

What food recommendations do you have in mind for a 3" young Frontosa?

I'm feeding it Wardley's Cichlid Flakes and some Frozen Bloodworms at the moment, what else would it like?

I heard floating pellets cause bloating with this species, and I did this before... I did not know until now, just worried if it doesn't want to eat or something, it's not acting very hungry... it will take a few bites at some blood worms or flakes, what can I do? Would not feeding it for a day or two help?

It's in a 3' standard tank with two Neo Sex's and two Clown Loaches, the Neo's by far eat more then the Frontosa, they are very fast and on the look out for food at all times.

Cheers :B

I find that my fronties compete for pellets more than the flakes I put in. Try some orca pellets, I think you can get them at the NSW SCP meetings. They are cheap to buy, high in protein, and most importantly my fronties love them. They also sink to the bottom so you do not have to worry about bloating. You could also try some frozen mysis shrimp or if you have time, try making your own dinner for them. I think there is a recipe on te SCP website.

Also if your fronties are new to the tank, it may take some time for them to settle in. However, there may also be other factors that may cause them not to eat, such as water quality.

HTH ;):p

Cheers,

Huy

Hi There HYeWy ... :lol: Ummm, mate yer fronnies need good "SOLID" food for

growth and health , At that size you'll need to provide a good home mix or you'll be broke b4 ya know it ... Get yerself a pack of yer selected frozen worms Crush them into a pulp :o Without adding water :) and then see how much actuall product is in the pack :lol: :lol: Then look how much water is in there too :)

A 100 gram pack could have as little as 28 pussent of actuall solid product

hope that helps ya ..

Andy...

with frozen bloodworms, do you melt the cube before you put it in, or just whack the whole thing frozen in there?

I bought some sinking pellets on the way home, i put about 10/15 in, the frontosa would put one in its mouth.. suck on it for a sec and then spit it out.. did this a few times.. is that normal? is it because its young? or it doesn't like it...

Archived