when to feed fry

Dragon_Lord_Tia

ive cleared out the 6ft and kept just the red emress colony and the alunocara stuartgrani and ive decided to let the females go natural. and i was wondering when to feed them? and how?

are the females holding? If that is the case then the females will probably not take food as they need to incubate their eggs. Sometimes it is possible to feed the females, just by dropping their normal food in the tank. This depends on how many fry they are holding. If u give us some more info it would help :rolleyes:

Guest ps chris

If your female is in good healthy condition they can fast for a while,its only when she gets hassled by males or other fish that i see problems because of all the extra energy their using,if their are alot of hiding holes she will let them out when it is safe.I have never had a fish die from starvation so dont worry to much about it

goodluck

Fry are fully developed at day 14 after the spawning. At that stage their eggsac is normally fully absorbed add few days give or take. Because I strip my females at put the fry in floating containers when they are really tiny I can start feeding them from day 15 or 16. They take crushed flakes readily.

In your case that the female is still holding them you can do the same after day 15. You can add crushed flakes, that both the female and the fry could it.

soz about the previous post i made, did read the bottom bit on the link "female is holding". to answer ur question, i'm pretty sure that mothers don't release their fry till around the 3 week mark. it is going to be hard to feed the fry in the 6 footer, because if they come to the surface for food they will defiantly be eaten the the bigger fish. i would recommend doing what Roland said about the fry savers.

Archived