Trip To Sydney

PSi4EVA

Hi All,

I'll be heading down to Sydney next Thur/Fri for an appointment and will make the most of it by picking up a Pleco and a Black Ghost Knife. I'll generally be in the Parramatta and was thinking of going to Aqualand Aquariums in Westfield, Pleco $49 -> and BGK $14 - $20.

Does anybody have any experience with this store or would there be any better places to check out either in Parramatta, Blacktown or Penrith ?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Hi -

While you're in Parramatta I'd recommend Lams and Rod Wallace's Aquatic Wholesalers store on Harris St.

Both are likely to be cheaper than the store you mention. You should be able to pick up a BGK for under $12 and a pleco for around $20. Don't pay any more for juveniles :(.

HTH -

Lam's at Parramatta is pretty good. they are just near the corner of church street, on Victoria road.

EDIT>> LOL beat me to it Yew :p

If you go to the place on Harris street, be aware they they only accept cash. No credit card or EFTPOS or anything else..... :(

Just quickly to clarify, Gibbiceps and Pleco's are the same thing ? or similar but different fish. The one I'm after is a dark brown spotted fish with a large fin on top, that has a mouth like a vacuum on the glass :lol:

YeW : I might call in there if I can get a chance.

I just spoke with Aqua, Pet, Produce. He was very helpful and has both types. What I'll probably end up doing is going to all the stores mentioned and checking the individual qualities of the fish, then decide.

Thanks for all your help. It has been very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott

No where in Sydney seems to have pleccos or gibbiceps at the moment, I chased all over the place about a month ago looking for one for my boyfriend's bday pressie!!! Most places say they won't have them until feb/march!!! St George do have some gibbiceps but they're not cheap!!! Good Luck :D

Archived