Green Chromide fry

Terry

4 weeks ago Wetpetz Queensland sent me 2 Green Chromides, I put the male with my female and last night they presented me with 100 wrigglers. They will be available from Wetpetz in about 12 weeks.

Thank you Malcolm

Cheers Terry

clap.gif Good one Terry,

Now, if we could only find some decent coloured Orange chromides we might send them to WA as well.

There were a lot of "Oranges" around here 12 - 18 months ago, but not worth touching,,,,very poor colour. May be I should have grabbed a few and try to improve the colour, but I'm stretched at the moment trying to maintain some cichlid lines, and I am a catfish man these days.

The H lifalili are huge atm, so they must breed this Summer, they were just not ready for an 8,000 liter outside pond last year. Got to be a go this Summer.

Alan

The male is about 6" and the female 4", I also have a 10" female. They were all put into a 200 ltr tank together when the pair started finslapping I pulled them out and put them in a tank which previously had angels in it. They spawned 2 days later, the fry are now free swimming.

The water is soft I dont try to make it brackish, temp 25c PH 7.2

I bred the aquarium strain orange chromides about 5 years ago, at one stage I had 500+ in ponds on the floor in my kitchen. The orange ones available ATM are the wild form, both orange chromides are very aggresive when they start breeding, you can wind up with 1 fish in a very short time. The greens are peacefull I was breeding and raising bristlenose with the large female.

Terry

Archived