silver arowana

Guest african-au

Guest african-au

my silver arowana 20cm now, was peacefull & gentle with 13cm

silver dollars,large golden angels,6cm albino shark,5cm red tail sharl,6cm silver shark,2 x 6cm oscars,,,,, never harmed or showed aggression..

then i decided to get rid of all sharks and oscars and keep my aro with the same 13cm silver dollars & i bought 2 x10cm archer fish ((my silver aro has gone absolutely agro & will attack everything in the tank!!!

all were well & swimming together until it was feeding time,both archers & arowana were eating,but i noticed my aro was quicker than normal to get there first,as archers are very quick also.

once the feeding was over,,thats when my aro started chasing & hasnt stopped chasing all the fish for 2 days.

(i am thinking maybe to put the oscars back as i think the oscars kept arow timid)))).

any sugestions??

cheers

chris

Guest african-au

well it worked i bought a 20cm tiger oscar & my silver arowana is now timmid again clap.gif but the archers & silver dollars have had a beating & a half

the arowana doesn't like competing for food,he is selfish & wants it all to himself.

when my 20cm oscar opproaches silver aro,silver turns away from him & moves gracefully!!

a very proud & stuborn silver arowana!

Guest african-au

arowana's are top dwellers ....it seems he wasn't bothered & never had competed for food before, & when i added my 2 archer fish,,well they were eating arowana's food...

both arowana's & archers eat insect in the wild.

so by adding the oscars kept my arowana calm & the archers are mid dwellers now

archers wont even think of comming up for food anymore.

so i will just feed my arowana until his full then slowly feed the rest of the fish!

thumb.gif

the things we do for love wub.gif

Archived