African tank

lucifuge

Great shots lucifuge - you have a lovely tank. I like your polynesian ornament too.

For my own interest - what is the background you are using. Where did you get it?

Congrats on the baby jewels. wub.gif

Cheers

WW

thanks!

behind the physical tank is one of those cheap rolls per meter. Normally they're tacky, but this is jsut rocks and it appears quite dark looking through giving surpisingly good far background perspective. At the back of the inside of the tank are two large "universal rocks"..the latex variety....highly recommnded!

Great pics and a very nice tank. wink.gif

I love the look of the latex rocks. Had me fooled! I was going to ask how the hell you lowered the big one into the tank, but then I read that it was a fake. rolleyes.gif

I'd love to do a tank inside as a display, but no room unfortunately.... sad.gif

yeah its 6x2x2.

has a sump with normal cotton wool, enuff bio-balls to play lotto, i also added a bag of zeolite in a container + activated charcoal.

the substrate is crushed coral 1mm or less! (very fine.)

Jewels must love the tank.. this is 3rd batch of babaies in 5 weeks of operation!!!

What cichlids do you have in there champ, very nice btw, 6 foot doesnt look very big in photos but i know how big my 4 foot is, lovely work..

Beautiful job Lucifuge,

Love the Easter Island figure where did you get it? Don't tell me Easter Island please!! It's a good feeling when you complete something that turns out so well, congrats!

glenn

The Easter Is figurine came from a lock Bates Paradise. Its only about 15cm tall. You can get a larger one, but the iditos decided to make the figure "smile" when they dont smile...so not very realistic.

Fish:

4 mainganos

4 electric yellows

3 Jewels

1 Frontosa

1 Blue peacock

3 Blue Acaras

1 Princess(?) Cichlid

1 large Bristlenose (somewhere in the tank!!)

...others i might be forgetting

hi

nice looking tank you have there and a great size too, i have two universal rocks they are great makes makes tank maintenance very easy.

cheers

Sarah

Archived