Plumbing Question

bimbo

I have a 5x2x2 tank i am setting up at the moment and it has 2x 25mm outlets in back top corners of the tank. I am going to hard plumb (ie using white pipe and plumbing glue) and was wondering when the two outlets join do i need to make the single pipe which they run into larger than 25mm or will a 25mm pipe be able to handle the flow. i want them to run into one pipe cause it will connect to a spinning arm, i am going to make the DIY bucket filter.

Q number two. where can i get a spinning arm, how much are they and what sizes do they come in. it wouldhave to be online somewhere cause no where round here carries them. can i get one from any of the sponsers on the forum?

thanks James

you should go a bigger diameter afer the pipes meet or dont have them meet at all just have two inlets to your filter, theres no need for a spinning armall you need is to have your inlet pipe laying horizontally above your media with holes drilled into all over the place and if you still dont like the amount of distribution put a drip tray on top of the media with holes drilled evenly all over it the water hits the tray and distributes its self around same as what a spinning arm does but if you dont join the pipes and have to pipes thered be no need for drip trya coz you could have one spray bar on either side of the filter

i wanted to go for a spinning arm cause i have used them before and find them to be pretty effective and havn't seen them jam up like some people have said.

anyway i will join the two pipes and go for a bigger diameter.

where do i get a spinning arm and what sizes do they come in, ive on;y used larger ones before.

:huh: James

Archived