pseudotropheus livingstoni

BLACKBAR

my livingstoni have spawned again moving from one tank to another did wonders.. this is the second time they have spawned same female 1st time she spawned se was only 3 1/2 cm now shes 4 1/2cm quite a good sized mouthful too just wondering if anybody else is breeding these and what availability there is for them i know they are not the most common fish but is that simply because people dont want them or lack of numbers??? i think they are a great looking fish and just wanna know what everyone else thinks and if they are interested coz there is gonna be some more fry coming up

Hi Michael -

Here's a link to a pic:

http://www.malawi.pl/artykuly/Met-livingstonii-luwala.jpg

Recently Ad's books have been advocating a move to Metriaclima for these and other mbuna. Be aware that this (and a few other things ;) ) are still very much up in the air (the fish could well be Maylandia livingstonii very soon??). For now I think the SCP ppl (and the hobby in general) would be better off sticking with "Pseudotropheus" in "" until the name is finalised.

HTH -

heres another link

http://home.fuse.net/fishfarmer/livingstoni.jpg

this pic looks a lot more like what my male just mines not so brightly coloured yet he still a juvenile i thought it would be a while before they would spawn due to most of the information i can find of them on the internet being in german i think i cant really read up on what variants and colour varieties there are of this fish

Hi BB,

I am sure there will be plenty of interest if you can get pictures of the parents and post them up with the sale of the fry.

In the mean time some pic's in this post of your fish would be great also.

Congratulations on the spawn. I was only looking these fish up the other day when you first posted the good news, and was thing what great looking fish.

Archived