Heating a 4x2x2

zerospel

Hey guys,

My dodgy jager just died few weeks ago so Im currently using my spare 2x300w heaters to heat the 4x2 and keeps overheating the tank.

So Im thinking to get a new pair of heaters but not sure what wattage I should get.

The 4x2 is 452 litres so should I go for one 200w and one 250w or 2x250w or a 300w and a 150w?

Thanks

Why would they be overheating the tank ? one or both of them must be faulty.

It doesn't matter how much wattage you use, they should shut off at the correct temp.

Test one 300w at a time in a bucket and see what happens.

Always buy the highest wattage you can afford, no matter how big the tank.

I use 300w in 1ft tanks.

HTH,

Andy.

Actually, another thing to consider is if you have enough water flow past your heaters.

Mine sit in front of the flow from an Internal Power Filter, or in a bubble flow from an air stone.

Cheers,

Andy

BTW... How big is your GSX-R ?

Well Ive found the faulty one already the bloody tank is at 30 deg and one of the heater is still on dry.gif

The other heater sits next to the intake pipe but the water flow is above the heater pushing water to the other side...

And last time I used just the one heater it was 1-2 degree below the set temp,could it be the thermometer thats dodgy? huh.gif

And the gsxr is a 750 smile.gif

It might be the thermometer, or it might be that the heater runs a bit below set temp. One of mine does, i've tested it with several Thermometers. Just turn it up a couple of degrees till it gets to the right temp. Just as long as it's holding a stable temp it should be fine smile.gif

Andy.

(My Brother just had to sell his GSXR 600 to pay for his wedding sad.gif)

I use a single Tronic 300w heater in the sump under my trickle filter for my 4x2 - no complaints, but of course it doesn't get as cold up here. wink.gif

Archived