Noisy Eheim

stagfest

Hi,

Cleaned out the cannister on the weekend and when i put it back to gether again, its making a rattling noise every 3 seconds or so. It seems like something is loose inside. I don't know what it is. Seems to be still flowing and working fine, just the horrible noise now... sadsmiley02.gif

-Cheers...Merv-

Guest Gutty

i had air coming out so i took it all apart gave it a shake

No point shaking it while it's apart. You have to shake it while it's running. LOL.gif

dry.gif As above, sounds like an impellor problem, check the impeller blades. Any snails in the filter? I had an impeller broken in half due to a snail getting caught in it mad.gifLOL.gif

hmmm...something else to consider.

Eheim has a small hole/shaft next to the impeller hole. This is there to remove air from within the impeller hole. If it is blocked it may be contributing to the trapping of air inside your Canister.

HTH

Aahh blink.gif , coz that allows water to be drawn up by the impeller and out thru the hole...flushing air out in the process. I hope it is only a smear, or so, of glue coz once that hole is blocked you will have to turn the cannister upside down, while it is running, to clear the air...failure to do so will result in impeller damage, as has been pointed out earlier...everytime you open it or have an air bubble. This does make quite a bit of mess when a filter has been running a while.

HTH

yep just as i suspected...super glue all over the hole... rolleyes.gif hahah had to get a nail and hammer to unblock it...unbelievable that that little thing was the cause of the probs...thanks peoples...

Archived