Crypts

swifty

Hi.

Ive noticed all my crypts kind of melted off over night the other night and most of them have no new growth on them. Most of the other plants look fine. They have undergravel laterite which they should of had their roots in, but they havent grown much at all in the time that i had them (about 6 months!)

The only thing ive added to the water lately is the Hormones, Zeatin. Ive yet ti Add Gibb and Auxin, maybe its because the Zeatin stimlates growth of leaves and that the crypts couldnt get enough nutrients to support growth?

The lighting is about 152W (310L) 20" deep.

Maybe when i try them again ill add some root tablets under them?

Thanks for any help,

Rob

Ive heard that with crypts stability is very important. If you are injecting co2 then perhaps alot of co2 was injected at once or co2 production ceased for some reason, this would have altered the ph of your tank which may have caused the melt. Ive moved crypts before and had them melt to. just an idea but check to see if nothing fluctuated sharply prior to the melt.

Craig

yeah well i noticed the pH was high like 7.6 as opposed to neutral because something happened where i turned the bottle off instead of on rolleyes.gif and ive been raising the kH so it must have all lead to each other.

Trying to lower that pH again unsure.gif

Thanks for the reply thou =)

Yes, crypts have rhizomes, and they melt naturally to adapt to change in their habitat (often they grow naturally on riverbanks that may be dry certain times of the year, and be submerged other times of the year).

Archived