Pics of my tanks, & Americans & other fish.

Dark Morelia

Hi All,

Thought I'd share some pics of my tanks and fish.

Comments, good or bad, are welcome.

My 3ft tank with....

4 x Nandopsis festae 3-5cm

2 x Bristlenose 2cm

2 x Melanotaenia Dubolayi "Gin Gin Creek"

2 x Hoplosternum thoracatum (Hoplo catfish) 3cm and 5cm

user posted image

My 4ft tank with...

2 x Amphilophus trimaculatus 10cm & 16cm

1 x Glyptopericthys gibbiceps 15cm

1 x Neosilurus hyrtlii (Yellow Eel-tailed catfish)

1 x Pseudomystus stenomus (False Bumblebee catfish)

1 x Spiny Eel 10cm

user posted image

user posted image

(And yes, that is a Katana sword on top.)

(And yes, i have 2x 2ft lights, i can't afford to buy a new 4ft light) laugh.gif

My 2ft tank with...

1 x Geophagus brasiliensis 18cm

user posted image

This used to be my Mum's beautifully aquascaped Angel tank. Then she made the big mistake. She moved her angels out of it "temporarily" just as this brasiliensis simulataneously appeared in an LFS at a great price.....what was i supposed to do ?

The brasiliensis stuffed all the plants at one end, and shovelled all the gravel to the front glass, LOL.

I have a few other 2fts and 1fts, but with nothing in them at the moment.

Photos of individual fish.....

My Gorgeous Male A. trimaculatus

user posted image

My also-cute Female

user posted image

Shot of 3 of the 4 festae fry.. the largest one hides all the time, but he looks the best laugh.gifrolleyes.gifdry.gif

user posted image

One of my M. dubolayi Rainbows

user posted image

My Yellow Eel-tailed cattie after a one-sided squabble with the male Trimac.

He's since learnt to hide.

user posted image

My Geophagus brasiliensis

user posted image

My Gibby

user posted image

Sorry, still trying to get a pic of the whole fish, but i thought this pic was cool.

My bigger (5cm) Hoplo Catfish

user posted image

My new male Nandopsis salvini (he looks crap, coz he's not settled in yet)

user posted image

Please be kind !!

unsure.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

Edit: updated pics of Dubolayi, The brasiliensis tank, added pics of Gibby, Hoplo and Salvini.

Thanks heaps for all the nice comments guys !

I honestly didn't think they'd be liked that much blush.gif

smile.gif

I've finally taken a pic of 'Boofhead', my Brother's festae, and a more recent pic of my male trimac. I also updated the pic of the Dubolayi Rainbow and the 2ft Brasiliensis tank in the original post.

Here is "Boofhead".... about 30cm, but very shy. At feeding time he's not so gold and goes reddish through the body, and very stripey.

user posted image

My brother hasn't cleaned the front of his tank for ages, so i apologise for the water marks in the pic !

This is a recent pic of my male trimac, he's just winding down from breeding colouration.

user posted image

Now for some more updates....

I have 2x 2ft lights, i can't afford to buy a new 4ft light

I've finally bought one, LOL laugh.gif

does he beat on the girl a bit ??

she got under the divider on Wednesday, and the male nearly killed her. She's still a bit touch and go unsure.gif

Beautiful fish and nice setups

i reiterate everyone's feelings on the trimac tank 

I've finally got off my butt and put some carbon in the filter, so it's not yellow any more.

Just a couple more pics to get now....The Gibbiceps pleco, and the Bumblebee cat. I'm not even going to try for the Eel, i'm not even sure it's in there any more blink.gif

Cheers All,

Andy.

Wow they are nice fish mate and they are very large hehe clap.gif I like your brasiliensis, it looks nice. Memories cause the brasiliensis was my first ever cichlid so i have a soft spot for them wink.gif

awesome looking tanks/fish there

I like what you did with the trimac tank, it looks nice, with the big piece of wood on the left side thumb.gif

It's actually one of those Resin-type things you see in LFSs for horrendous prices.

It's one of the most realistic ones i've ever seen so i splurged a bit and bought it for $60, but not too bad a price considering the size of the thing. blink.gif

I had to trim an inch off one of the branches on the back though, it was too big !!

Did it on the bench grinder, then sealed it up.

The wood on the right hand side is natural though, and the cause of the yellow water mad.gif

I found it on private property, but it wasnt in water so i soaked it in hot water, putting new water in every day for a week, then it sat in our pond for over a year, then i bought it in, hot-watered it again for a week, and it STILL makes the water yellow.

The things i do for that Pleco !!

(Oh, and on the subject of the pleco, he changes sides of the divider every few weeks to keep both sides aglae-free) rolleyes.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

$60 for the resin treestump/branch thing?

That's cheaper then the real thing, would go for in any LFS in Perth clap.gif

They are nice pics though thumb.gif

Archived