Some pics of my King's of the Aquarium..lol

Ant

user posted image

smile.gif Hi Ant

This is my favourite.

Have you tried breeding yet?

I am in the process of setting up a breeding station. I have a few that have paired off, unfortunately they are not the same kind.

How do you feel about crossing etc. I have a blue Diamond that is paired off with a Brown Turq. What do you reckon would be the result? ohmy.gif

LFS were trying to convince me to buy a matched pair but they are financially out of reach for me. I have some very good quality stock and I would after all be breeding (If I'm lucky!) for myself and not commercially.

Regards

Jeff

Awesome fish ya got there!!!

I've bought myself a 2ft x 20" x 18" breeding tank that my kribs and babies are temporarily housed in. My blue diamonds are getting pretty keen but havn't layed yet. Generaly you will get a certain percentage of each fish i.e. 45% Brown Turque 45% Blue Diamond and a small percentage maybe 10% will be a cross between the two. The only fish i purchased to breed were the Blue Diamonds which i had to pay a pretty penny for grade A quality fish. I bought 4 of them and i think i've lucked out with 2 male and 2 female :D. Keep us posted how your fish go. how long did you take to get a handle on looking after these fish? After a few diseases and a few ammonia spikes iv'e fiannaly grasped the skills of keeping soft water fish.

Anthony cool.gif

Archived