Dither/Target Fish For Altolamprologus

HamzaLH

Well i plan of having a display tank with just large male Alto's in it ... Im just wondering what fish i can use so that they dont beat each other up ... Alto's are also a very shy fish by nature and just wondering if having some more active fish in there will help them "come out" a little more ...

All help and suggestions appretiated :)

Ta :)

Hamza :wub:

Someone? Anyone?

I was thinking of putting in a fronty around the same size too ... should that b ok? Was also thinking of adding a small colony of P.saulosi, would that b fine or would they get beat up a bit?

Any help is appretiated ... I know sum1 out there can answer these q's ... :)

Hamza :wub:

Small front should be ok , where as i feel the salousi would be too boistius for the altos

as well as different food requirements ..

I know of a few Alto breeders that use guppy's as dithers .. Built in supply of live food of baby gup's

Hmm ... i did have some guppies in the tank ... they did provide some nice live food ... Might give that a shot ...

They also come in handy when u dont feed the fish ... I went a day without feeding the fish and i saw one of the 7cm Comps "trying" to eat a fat female guppy :wub was quite a site :) ...

Would there be anything else i could put with them for a bit of colour? What about Leptos? ... The tank is a standard 4ft ... would that b too small for a smallish group of lepto's?

Appretiate the help ...

Hamza

Archived