New Pic

catcher

Love your slate stack! Did you bond it or bolt it?

Cheers - OziOscar.

G'day all,

You all don't really think I can balance slate that well do you???????? tongue.gifLOL.gif

I did it this way:

Went to a perspex supplier and got them to cut me some pieces of 6mm about 200mm square, then got some perspex solid rod about 15mm. Using the perspex glue, IPS No.16, glued the post to the base, sets in a second and is rock solid.

Bought some broken slate pieces, a big box load for $20, smoothed off the edges and also bagged them up a bit to look more "used", drilled a 16mm hole with a masonry bit through the slate at various points in the pieces to give a staggered affect and slid it onto the rod until I liked how it looked. You just leave the biggest piece at the base to give the support, I've still got heaps of slate left to make a new stack for another tank I'm doing now. Most Importantly the fish love it, they all hang in there at some time of the day, and the two brissle cats I have live there.

And you can change the way it looks anytime you like!

glenn

Thank you for sharing that idea for making the slate stacks. That's a brilliantly simple idea! I love it...

Now to think about trying it out and redocorating a little. smile.gif

Cheers - OziOscar.

Archived