Will these tangs get eaten?

Richard

Hey guys,

I am in the process of setting my 6x2x2 atm and am currently looking at fish to fill the tank up.

This is what i had in mind

10 frontosa (biggest 15cm atm) these i have atm in a 4fter.

Pair of Occies

3 Opthalmotilapia ventralis

4 leptsoma

4 julidochromis marlieri

Will they be alright together? Im worried the fronts will eat these fish later on in life. Also can you guys suggest what else will be good in the tank.

cheers

Richard

YOU MIGHT HAVE A PROB

I personally keep the fronts alone and maybe some catfish ...

but most of your other fish u have stand a good chance of being breaky

and or getting smashed :)

Hi Richard,

I think the frontosa will eat everything in the tank, except the ventralis, if given half a chance. Granted, frontosa won’t move out of their own road but they may knock the odd fish off over night.

The ventralis will also probably freak the frontosa out with their behaviour. Frontosa get spooked very easily and may hurt themselves when freaking out by hitting the side of the tank or rocks.

Put the frontosa in the 6x2x2 on their own and put the rest in the 4 footer.

Good luck, :^:

hmmmm i was looking forward to having an all tang tank. Is there any other possibilities?

Yep sure is......Have 6 tang tanks. :lol:

With that comment I must apologise to your parents. :D

Go off the size of the frontosa’s mouth and the fish in question.

Will it fit? Yes, then your best to keep them separate. No, then you should be ok for now. :lol:

However, you may be able to put them all in together and they may be very happy together, it's just a big risk in my eye's. Sorry to disappoint.

10 frontosa will fill a 6x2x2 without any problems. Best bet is to stick with them. What you doing with the 4 footer? Do you have to get rid of it or can you run two tanks?

Archived