Zeolite the mineral

Guest big bad burundi

Guest big bad burundi

Uses for Zeolite

Pollution Control

Increases biological activity, reduces nutrient levels, cuts sludge volume and odours, reduces ammonia and BOD levels in ion exchange columns or bed effluent, can be back flushed and regenerated, with ammonia recovered for fertiliser, increases sewerage plant capacity and life cycle.

Mining

Remediation of mines through absorption and retention of dangerous heavy metals and other metallurgical wastes.

Crops/Pastures

Higher yields through making fertilisers more effective by preventing leeching and holding valuable nutrients such as ammonium nitrate, potassium, magnesium and calcium as well as trace elements for slow release as needed. Also produces long term soil improvements.

Horticulture

Retains nutrients longer to lower fertiliser costs; substantial yield improvements; less nutrient leeching; long term soil improvement.

Stockfeeds

Diminishes ammonia toxicity and scouring; increases nitrogen levels in manures for higher fertiliser values; reduces odour levels in sheds and a safer, slow release off ammonia from urea; produces lower mortality rates in fowls and limits the moisture levels in organic wastes.

Aquaculture

Decreases ammonia levels in ponds and tanks; filtrates water for cleaner tanks.

Turf

Produces significant turf root improvement; dense and deeper feeder root system; less fertilisers required; retention of key nutrients; increased soil potassium levels; permanent increase in cation-exchange capacity.

Vermiculture

Traps nitrogen through cation-exchange, eliminates odours in worm farms, absorbs and holds heavy metals, stabilises the pH value of worm beds; increases the nutrient value of vermicast.

From and educated person facts about the mineral. ;):

Guest big bad burundi

Its also saying increases bio-activity which knocks your theory on the head i feel. ;)

Ps David show me some pics of YOUR frontosa fry and i will agree with you buddy. ;)

joke Joyce :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL! What a load of tot!

Of course it increases biological activity.. it is a highly porous media. Bacteria will colonise it... my point was it was ALSO an adsorbate which binds ammonia.

Ripping 1/2 your "biological media" out of your filter to recharge it is going to great things to your bacterial colony.

As for my frontosa - the are doing well, thanks for asking. They are not yet old enough to breed regularly. I have had one mouthfull - but I think it was more practice than anything else ;). I have noticed when you feel like you're being attacked you always attack my fish and my fishkeeping. You're welcome to do this if you like mate, but others can also see you doing this - and they can make up their own minds.

Anyway - I'm not interested in arguing with you Darryl ;). You're always right :wub.

Archived