Krib Pair and babies

fiona

Well my pair of kribs went and had babies. They are from "Krib Project" lines. She's his aunt, so line bred but not TOO inbred. She's not showing her strongest colour as she's not trying to breed. She goes much redder in the belly and pretty well gold all over where she's not dark or other colours. All along below the dorsal goes as gold as her head. The camera is a bit dodgy but better dodgy than none.

Funny how I'm all excited about these kribs. It's the first lot of cave/substrate spawner fry I've had for a while. Although my ocies are getting bigger now and I expect I'll have more of them in a few months.

They do all the great parenting stuff, taking turns to guard the babies while the other goes off and feeds, etc.

A few pics of the pair. The fry are in that excavated cave too. The actual spawning was in a flower pot.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Here's the boy.

user posted image

Here's the girl. You can just see the boy down behind her.

user posted image

congrats on the fry Fiona, what variety Krib are they,neat pics, i wish mine would spawn funny enough mine look their best at night it seems to bring out all their colour laugh.gif

Just normal kribs Sarah, 'Pelvicachromis pulcher'.

The girl is getting on a bit so I'm really pleased she's bred. It's her first time, she didn't have a male where she used to be kept. She's one that I bred some time back and gave with some others to a friend. The boy is younger and came from Craig, progeny of fish that he got from me. So as you can see they are closely bred but much better than a brother sister mating.

Yes, Simon of "The Cichlid Tank", who used to run the dwarf forum on a different board until he got too busy and it moved over here, was the instigator of it. I don't think it's still running, but there are a number of kribs still around from those lines.

• 2 weeks later...

How big are they? i've had a pair for a couple of months now and no luck yet, They are about 2"

Anthony

Archived