Hagen Master Test Kits

inspector rex

I saw the hagen master test kit that is for fresh water aquariums and marine aquariums for $44.95. I was just wondering wether you can by refills for them and wether they are accurate because i have a tetra test kit for nitrite that doesn't show levels under 0.3 ppm. I checked the hagen webpage, but that doesn't have a very good description of the accuracy or range of the tests. I just want to know wether i should buy this or get some better test kits like the dupla ones.

That is very ceap for a hagen "Master" kit you sure it wasn't $144.95 ????

And yes you can get refills of all reagents. The master kit has 20 bottles of chemicals in it pluss test tubes, pipettes and all the rest. I paid over $100 wholesale for mine.

Alan

PS the hagen nitrite test goes from zero to 3.3mg/L

also has tests for Phosphate, Calcium, Iron, Ammonia, Nitrate, KH, GH, and high and low pH

There is 2 master test kits one is Aquarium Pharmesuticals around $44.95 which has changed contents 3 times over the last few months and the other is Hagen around $120 - $145

Thats going from memory blush.gif

I have the mini master kit, along with a seperate nitrate kit. No complaints thus far, but I don't have anything to compare it too.

Archived