Maingano Is Holding!

stagfest

Hi, i came home yesterday to see one of my maingano's holding!!! laugh.gif I thought she was a he from her bright colours, so it surprised me to see her holding a mouth full!!! Ok so i have this fish holding now, what do i do??? Its my first fish to ever hold so i don't want to stuff it up.

Any advise on what to do next??? Should i leave her in the tank or should i isolate her in an icecream container or her own tank? I also have another tank that's going to be ready in a few days time, if i put the male and female in there will the kids be in any danger from their violent father?? sadsmiley02.gif

Cheers...Merv...

Hi Merv

i wouldnt move her till she is about two weeks long ,you can place her then into a fry saver or let her spit into a tank of her own , dont leave her with her fry once she has spat i would move her back and if possible feed her up a bit before she goes back to the male.

cheers

well in most cases the female will be fine in the tank with the others and as long as you know roughly when she got the mouthful, she doesnt need company unless you want the companion snacking on the fry when she spits laugh.gif , but if you do move her out into a tank of her own ,as long as its not a bare tank with no rocks or cover she will be fine .

Archived