Murray Cod

mezzacam

Just curious as to how big yous think my murray cod should be by now... I purchased it when it was about 2inches.... and it's been about 5 - 6 months since i bought it... It's in a pond out in the backyard but it's to murky that i can't see him, lol. He has mountain clouds in there which have bred which i pressume he has eaten seems i can't see them swimming around the top anymore.. lol...

So how big do yous reckon he'll be after 5 - 6 months from 2 inche?

Cheers Cameron.

Alright cheers. Well in a week or 2 i guess i'll get a net out and try catch him to see exactly how big he is... every night i dropped in a few pellets. a few peas/corn , basically abit of dinenr left overs tongue.gif plus there were tonnes of mossie wrigglers in there when i put him in... So hopefulloy he's been well fed tongue.gif Hopefully a bird hasn't snatch him up ... Find out soon though..

Cheers Cameron.

every night i dropped in a few pellets. a few peas/corn , basically abit of dinenr left overs  plus there were tonnes of mossie wrigglers in there when i put him in... So hopefulloy he's been well fed

I hope something else was in the pond or backyard that eats dinner left overs

i doubt the cod would find it very appealing.. Hopefully the murky water is not pollution and the cod is still there .. Also once the water temp drops below 12-14 they only eat sparingly..

cod fingerlings commercially can grow to 40cm in 12months... as long as water temp and all that sorta stuff is right...

I have a big one temporarily recently moved to a pond down the back and two that were 2inches about 5-6 months ago like yours.... they are now 5 1/2 in.

Nah i only drop some bits of food like once or twice a week, if that.. there is also about.. 25 white clouds in there so they do abit of feeding to... but thye are food for the Murray Cod so tongue.gif..

Archived