O/T: Fish ID.....

Kribbie

Ok guys, I'm not really sure if I'm allow to do this or not...but I really want to know what type of fish are they? If this post is illegal, please just delete it as I'm not hoping to get a warning msg from the administrators. sadsmiley02.gif

Anyway, here is a photo of the "fish" that are in concern....and yes, they ARE fish! blink.gif Looks like some type of eel or something but not really sure on the ID (they look like worms more than fish though...), so does anyone know what fish are they??

http://www.dsproshop.com/uploads/img4080332785e16.jpg

got absolutely no idea but i bet you all someone eats them somewhere !!!!!!

eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww wacko.gif

its obviously in a asian shop or near one as you can see the reflection in the tank is asian writing but i wouldnt think they were a fish they look more like some sort of fish food like you would feed an oscar or something

hehe thanks all

They look like an albino form of the freshwater clamp fish.

They have a circular mouth that contains barb like teeth they use to attach to prey and suck blood. The wild type are grey/black. They are around the same size as the ones in the pics 15-30cms.

They have pics and descriptions in the back of Axelrods atlas for freshwater fishes somewhere.

They have another common name but dont know it and dont ask me thier scientific name as I have NO clue.

These ones just look horrid.

Thankyou Ben for editing the link for me.. wink.gif

I've found a website that's about the real ID of this fish (it's a fish...not leeches or worms...hahaha~ dry.gif ) The common name of this fish is called "Hagfish", there are around 64 species but I have no idea on what exact species is this one though...the website that I've found talked about a type called "Pacific Hagfish".

And yes, the first pic was took in the front tank of a restaurant in Korea and these fish are actually seafood!!! (Yum Yum..LOL.gif ) From another article that I've found about hagfish, people in Korean, Japan & Taiwan said that these fishes taste very good and best cooked with chilli and basil leaves, but they are pretty expensive seafood! eek.gif And they are becoming a common seafood that you can see anywhere in these countries as well.

Ok, so now who dares to eat them?? I believe that they are very tasty indeed! LOL.gif

Archived