Atman vs Eheim

stagfest

I am going to build a 6x2x2 tank and i want o have a trickle filter running it. Now I've got prices for different pumps. I am a big Eheim fan. But after getting prices on other pumps they seem quite expensive..., i can get 2 2000ltr/h Atman pumps...$68 each, and eheim 1060 2200ltr/h $280... now to me 2 pumps are better than one, but china vs germany??? I don't know... What are your views?

Don't forget to take head height into account - the eheim may well outflow the pair of cheaper pumps when you have the thing 5 feet below the top of the tank.

Another cheap option may be the Resun King-4, I think AOA has them F/S for $99 atm and they are a 4800lph pump. I have a king-3 (2400lph) in the trickle under my 4x2x2 & it seems to keep the water circulating quite well.

I have no idea what their quality is like compared to Atman but obviously they aren't an Eheim

I think the Eheim professional series are worth every bit of the money. This endorsement only applies to the professional series though.

HTH

Eheim you would definately get. The professional series is great but cost a fair bit. The classic series is what i use and i have been running a 2213 for 6 years and i haven't had to change any taps or shafts or impellers.

The atman filters are a cheaper version. You will get problems with the orings used in the tap system used and the filter media supplied is not as good quality as the eheim.

Remeber by the time you buy an atman and put all the right media into it you would have been better off buying the eheim.

i am a eheim man always will be.

Regards,

Ben thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived