Lombardoi Male?

Ant

I've got a male Ps. Lombardoi that has spawned three times now and all three times the females lost there broods after 3 days. This male has almost female colouration (only slight tinge of yellow), and is not agressive (which is unheard of with lombardoi males). I'm suspect of him being infurtile because of all these reasons. I have another male that has spawned once and his fry are alive and well. The female that had the succesfull fry was one of the females that lost there brood (so it was her second brood) and it was the others first brood. But the fact they all lost them so early and around the same time is worrying.

Anthony :unsure

Sorry if this post is confusing, read it slowly and you might understand it.......lol

might just be a dominant female that has begun to get some of male colouration but not all of it which dos happen this is gonna sound confusing but the females can try spawn with eachother i once had four cyrotocara moorii all at about the 5 inch mark i was convinced one was a male coz of the hump on its head then one day i noticed one of my other moorii's had her vent swollen and down and was following what i thought was a male around they began circling eachother and then they both started dropping eggs some were picked up in their most were eaten by the other fish and both females had no mouthfuls in 2 - 3 days this may not be exacty what is happening in you situation but it might be

He is the biggest fish in the tank at about 9-10cm (biggest only by about 1/2 a cm). It is possable that he is out of pracice definately, as the colony itself has only been together for about 4 months.

Anthony :unsure

It is a common occurrence for the first few times a female holds she spits. Normally after a few goes they hold fine.

Give them time, they should get better at doing it over time.

Archived