Cardinal Tetras

taybelZ

Hi guys,

i recently purchased some cardinal tetras (tho small) for a measly $2 each, the aquarium shop mixed the neons with the cardinals so they just said if you catch the cardinals you can have them for $2 each. I grab 10 of the suckers, they appeared alright. However, when i got them home they appeared pretty skinny and not really dark red like i would like to see. Perhaps they will inprove as they age.

Anyway, my question is how or what can i do to fatten them up, I dont' really know what to feed them. I have been feeding them Baby brine shrimp which i hatch for my discus but other then that I have not other source of food for them.

So what commercial foods can i use to feed them, and bulk them up. (Nothing which will have side effects, ie. hormones).

Thanks in advance for your replys

David

Anyway, my question is how or what can i do to fatten them up, I dont' really know what to feed them. I have been feeding them Baby brine shrimp which i hatch for my discus but other then that I have not other source of food for them.

So what commercial foods can i use to feed them, and bulk them up. (Nothing which will have side effects, ie. hormones).

I give mine a mixture of Hikari micro pellets, Hikari frozen worms and Sera granumix, and initially some freebie Nutrafin flakes. Depending on mood, they will eat the lot, and have coloured very well, and certainly grown. FWIW, when they are frightened, the will go pale; are they in a position where they are disturbed often, and might be stressed?

Archived