FX6 Micro Bubbles

Cichlid Pete

Hi Guys,

I am still having trouble with my water clarity. Originally I thought it was fine debris in the water caused from the coral sand. I have added a polishing pad, purigen and matrix which made the bubbles worst. I have now removed the polishing and carbon pads, checked all the hose connections. When I shake the canister it produces more bubbles. The inlet and outlet are in the base of the tank. I have had my air pump turned off for a few days with no change. Other than the micro bubbles the water is good. Any help in sorting out this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Peter

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what it could be, Pete

One thing that has popped into my mind is that it may be ich, possibly.

I know its a long shot, but I have seen ich free floating through water before.

Ich looks like tiny grains of sand on the fish and the water. You often find it on scaleless fish like loaches and stress can cause it.

Are your fish flashing or scraping on the rocks?

edit

also have you given your substrate a good vacuum when you do your water changes?

It might be a slight 'leak'.

I have had this in the past with an AqauOne. The only way was to disconnect it take everything apart and put in back together making sure everything is tightly fit.

Not sure how the FX6 O-ring is, but just make sure the head goes in properly.

Then make sure you prime it properly and then switch it on.

If there is still bubbles, shake it till there is no more air.

This is what I did with the AqauOne, so not sure if possible with the FX6.

Cheers,

Hi Pete,

I have had the same issue with one of mine and I it seemed to not be purging all the air out of the system with the auto stop/start thing that they do. My solution was to turn off the filter, connect the drainage hose to the bottom outlet and drain water out of the filter into a bucket while everything was still connected. This seemed to work by syphoned water out of the tank and purging the air that way.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Archived