Buccochromis Lepturus

Rastinger62

Great photos of this large Malawi Hap. :clap

The four and last shot is the pick as they have a more natural colour. The others appear to have a green colour cast which can easily be rectified in Photoshop.

This gives you an idea of what I mean. Still not perfect but has removed the green tinge. If you don't want me to edit your photo I am happy tp remove this post.

049_zpsa1c7f661copy_zps48ad0850.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spectacular fish, they really look unique compared to the other buccochromis such as nototaenia and Rhodesii. The have a lot of the torquoise colouring. my bucco Rhodesii I used to have had it on his face but these guys seem to have that torqouise colour all over them. Good luck breeding them, I would love to throw a few in my tank one day if your fry make it down south.

Yeah there a stunning fish that's for sure with so much attitude it's hard to stop staring at them. Fry will be sent down to Andrew at labyrinth aquariums in Sydney once they have grown out and a couple of other shops in different states. If I ever have excess they will be sold in the private market. I had them breeding so well with mouthful every week but recently had to move them into there new permanent tank so there finding there way again lol

I can't wait for my Rhoadesii to grow out. Males are just starting to transform into the stunning males they turn into.

Nice pics James; an easy option is just click the 'Auto Fix' button on most editing programs loaded as the default on machines. Can oversaturate a little, but mostly ok.

Your blue tube will always produce a blue hue ie. like seen in a lot of blue zaire fronnie shots lol.

• 1 month later...

Archived