6x30"x30" mixed Tang and Malawi

Chilli Powder

Hi Guys

I'm helping my cuz get back into his fish and organised this tank. Here are some photos. The initial photo was taken at the sand pit at Subscape Aquarium in Richmond. It's a just an area setup like a tank so that you can put your rocks and wood etc and scape it out before you buy it. This rock arrangement was done by a talented guy there called Marcus. These guys (Marcus, Justin and Jordan) are pretty amazing at doing their scapes. You should see all the different planted tank displays in store. Anyway...I'll post up photos of the sump etc

So finally put the sand and rocks in and filled with water. It's been cycling now.

Tank: 6 x 30" x 30"

Sump: 4 x18" x 18"

Lights: Kessil A360WE (they look a lot more blue than in real life. Spectrum changed to just over 10000K)

I got the overflow box cover done at a local acrylic place. Looks much nicer when all the pipes are hidden. Works really well too as I wanted the water to be sucked from the middle and also there is a slight cut at the top to skim the water.

sorry about the mis-match in image sizes.. these were taken on my phone and then edited using photo bucket. I'll use my DSLR and take some proper shots. :)

f258c998-b0e6-4e10-8db1-aacc5775d602.jpg

d9be1010-8315-488d-8b9b-6179e273293e.jpg

Overflowbox.jpg

Great setup and I like the design of the aquascaping.

It appears more and more places are providing a sand pit to allow customers the facility to design before they purchase the rocks.

I too have heard some great reviews of the Kessil lights. The A360WE wide angle 90 watt setup throws out plenty of light and you can control the colour temperature.

Ged

Hey guys,

yeah the E-Series actually puts out 105W.. and a full controller for the units will be available end of August. So you can fully simulate sun rise, sun set and what ever you actually want.

The Planted tank lights (A360WE Tuna Sun 6500K-10000K) arrive in a couple of weeks and I will be putting them on my fully planted 8 x 30" x 30". I'll post up photos.

Well.. fish wise.. I got

14 x F1 Frontosa Tembwe from Harry

Elec yellows

Maingano

Pulpicans

livingstoni

calvus

cuckoos

my cuz wants some tropheus so thinking of putting in just 6 each of Ikola, Bemba and krishfleck.

There are some odds and ends swell. Got a nice hongi and a good albino zebra too.

Will put up video when the fish are in.

Don't worry..I'm keeping a very close eye on this tank and monitor it. I've already organised a mix of the New Era Rift Lake Green, Red and the Algae for him so that he can easily feed that to all fish in the tank. :)

Cheers

Arj

Hi, I got the Tembwe from a breeder in NSW (Called Harry), others were bought at Subscape Aquarium in Richmond, Keysborough Aquarium in Keysborough, TVS Aquatics in Hallam and Nature Aquarium in Mont Albert. Other good shops for Cichlids are Rayonne, Big Fish Aquarium and Evalife.

Archived