a few pics

Mattzilla

i gotta say that i have been inspired by some awesome angel pics i have seen recently. great to see some quality breeding happening locally and even better to feel a bit inspired!

here are some old fish but some new pics

first is an old male smokey leopard. yeah he's old but he's big and still feisty! he still gives it to the other dominant male angel of the tank and has been a pleasure for the last couple of years

11796507004_a0e84c0a87_b.jpg

11796327493_e6f5dbc3f2_b.jpg

second is the other dominant male. he's a paraiba (stripeless) and he has two females (both paraibas too) that keep him on his toes but neither will lay for him. they both clean different areas of the tank but they have yet to spawn. very odd in my experience but hey i guess it happens. lol

11796477764_d389b15664_b.jpg

one of his gf's

11796537024_67636a1bc5_b.jpg

lastly is a some of my adult Satanoperca Leucostictas (Green Horse Face)

i used to breed these for a couple of years and they still spawn about once a month but i have no intention of raising young these days. i've always loved them. never quite been able to catch their true colours with a lense...

11796518264_a8f455da64_b.jpg

11796111615_fa01571ca5_b.jpg

11796130335_49723ec648_b.jpg

your comments are welcomed, and please share your photos!

thanks

matt

Absolutely stunning,,, i really like seeing the credentials of a seasoned fish keeper/breeder.

Just like seeing Ronny's action and still pics of healthy tank residents doing their thing.

Eye candy for the enthusiast.

Great photos and awesome fish, i was just wondering what size tank that is? How well do those eartheaters play with others?

(check out this, so i dont bomb your thread and change the subject lol::::: http://www.aceforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=57440)

my tank is a 6x2x2 with a 2.5ft sump filter

geos (eartheaters) are great tank mates for other south americans. they can get a little agro when breeding but all fish do that. otherwise they are generally gentle and keep to themselves

Excellent photos Matt. It is good to see that there are some great Angels in the hobby.

thanks, mine are ok but there are some excellent angels out there. some guys i know are investing a lot of time and effort into developing new strains. something australia has lacked

Awesome tank there Firthy one of the best ive seen in a while im trying to create a 3 foot mini version of pretty much that atm.

thanks. yeah i miss that tank it was one of my faves. it was nice and peaceful to watch rather then the busy malawi tanks.

dont judge me on my anubias keeping skills. plants are normally not my thing. i think they were severely iron deficient.

Archived