FRONTY TANK

GERMAN

well I thought I would throw up a qik pic of my frontosa tank, its a 6ftx500x800 tank with a trickle/sump filter.

still a work in progress, built the stand myself and majority of the filter also, not the best pic as taken on my phone (sorry), Im happy with how the hole thing is turning out, after not owning a fish tank for over 8 eight years, about 9 months ago I got the bug again, so this is what iv ended up with lol. had the tank running for about 7 months now, can put better pics up if interested.

in tank I have>>

frontosa's, not sure exactly what type 6 bar something.....

gold comps

white calvus

leleupi

blue ventralis

leptosome utinta (had 4, but 3 passed for unknown reasons??)

cuckoo's

albino bristlenose

peppermint bristlenose

h8zh.jpg

thanks guys, I thought they may have been Burundi, they seem to be the more common of frontosa in Oz yeh?

heres a few more pics>>>

when I first got the tank running, (no,I still haven't stained the doors, slack or just not enough hours in the day LOL)

r0y5.jpg

mzwf.jpg

tni3.jpg

leleupi are constantly breeding, but the fry never last

aem9.jpg

As always once you've set up your tank there's always things you would of done differently if I had my time again..... a background being one on the main ones! I didn't really think about when setting up the tank, also my cost blew out a little at the time to!

I would imagine most of you guys have probably seen this guys set up but its what sparked me to get another tank and some of my ideas also! If you haven't enjoy!>>>>>>>>

http://www.fmueller.com/home/aquaristic/240g/fish/frontosa/

Yes they are one of the more common fronts in Aus but still a very nice fish and yours look awesome!

Have you thought about trying to roll some paint on the back of your tank? Not sure how much room you have back there?

hey sloory, yes I had thought about painting the back of the tank, don't have a hole heap of room behind the tank but could squeeze a small roller behind it I reckon!

here's my filter>>

bjhh.jpg

• 10 months later...

thanks mate, No I don't add any additives for the plants, lights are on timers for 6 hours a day, I have thought about adding Seachem flourish, but the plants seem to happy so Iv never done it.

Archived