Frontosa Tank Journal - Pics

Alvon

Hi All,

After recently moving in my new house, I decided it was the right time to buy my first big tank. Its only 6x2x2, but for me its the start of a new era orf fish keeping. I have been very keen on keeping and breeding Frontosa for such a long time, its really exciting for me to actually be starting the tank for them.

This tank journal will hopefully show you step by step how I set up my tank from collecting it to hopefully spawning the adult group of Frontosa.

My Progress so far:

*Not sure if this works.. If not, youtube Frontosa Tank Journal - Part 1*

Im hope you all enjoy and follow my progress. I will be throwing my designs and ideas out as I get to certain parts of the install and I hope to get some feedback from you all..

Im not entirely sure how I want the final aquascape to look but I know it an easy fix if I dont like it..

Cheers

Alvon

The Brand is Absolute. Nothing Fancy but it sure looks the part where it needs to.

Some of the specs of the setup are:

Tank is 6x2x2

Sump Is 4x14x18

Return pump is Eheim Compact 5000

Heater is Jager 300w

Substrate will be black sand/grit (2mm)

Aquascape will be plain with a few pieces of texas Holey Rock

Background is simply painted using flat black

Plumbing is irrigation fittings rather then PVC pipe. Easier to dismantle as you dont have a permanent adhesive.

Lighting is a 4ft LED setup. May need another one but it seems really bright.

Hi Guys. Sorry for the lack of updates..

To be honest I have finished the setup and it is all running. I will take some more photos tonight of some of the changes I made and will hopefully have the journal completed tonight.

Thanks for your patience..

Cheers

Alvon

Archived