Malawi Haps...Big,Bad and Beautiful

goldenswimmers

I've been grabbing a few snap shots recently of the big Malawi predators in my collection and so thought Id share some of the pics and get a thread going for any big Hap lovers......whats not to love.. :thumb

Champsochromis Caeruleus:
SAM_9776_zps1c08f166.jpg
SAM_9778_zpscae01844.jpg
SAM_9775_zpse580cd49.jpg
SAM_9773_zpsbd31b8d2.jpg

Champsochromis Spilorhynchus:
SAM_9765_zpse32f54f9.jpg
SAM_9764_zps9cf42f82.jpg
SAM_9766_zps1f16f460.jpg

Aristochromis Christyi:
SAM_9349_zps9f814d53.jpg
SAM_9344_zps910b3ad9.jpg
SAM_9347_zps63cd7951.jpg

Great photos. Have you got any of them in the tank?

:huh: I know hey :spaz: looks like Ive been on a fishing trip in lake Malawi....its just a bit of a pain getting pics of these guy and for some reason they seem to freak out quite easily :wallbash: ...and they are very quick fish...especially the christyi and caeruleus....but yep will update this thread with some scenic shots soon :drooling:

You've got great taste in fish mate, some beautiful specimens there.

The shot showing the teeth of the spilo is nice, a formidable predator.

I also keep large haps and currently my focus is Tyranochromis Macrostoma and Stigmatochromis Pleurospilus, but looking at those pics makes me want to throw a couple of champs back in the mix.

You've got great taste in fish mate, some beautiful specimens there.

The shot showing the teeth of the spilo is nice, a formidable predator.

I also keep large haps and currently my focus is Tyranochromis Macrostoma and Stigmatochromis Pleurospilus, but looking at those pics makes me want to throw a couple of champs back in the mix.

Cheers mate and I agree...I think that pic is the best of the Spilos.with little teeth showing :smile: if you ever feel like swapping champs. for macros. let me know mate :thumbup: Im currently breeding the Christyi but will get the Caeruleus going pretty soon too :thumb

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived