Aristochromis Christyi......

Had to share my recent success with the A.Christyi...These guys aren't the easiest fish to find(in fact pretty damn hard to find :wallbash: )but I was able to source a small group and so begun my journey with the guys....I really couldnt recommend this big and beautiful predatory fish more....very unique fish both in looks and behaviour(being a large ambush predator) and possibly the dominant male is the best fish Ive personally had..awesome colours and body shape and being a bit shy just makes them more interesting.....so recently I noticed one girl (might be the only one in a small group!)with what looked like a mouthful...so waited patiently to confirm :woohoo: and then to strip :woohoo: and its been good news.....looks like there is about 70-80 little wrigglers! :drooling: so I am now one very happy keeper of underwater creatures in glass boxes!!! :spaz: The little guys are now in a 4x2 growout tank and have had their first feed of the baby brine... SO whats a story without some pics:

SAM_9345_zps2af0e659.jpg

And in the grow out...pumping weights and bulking up

SAM_9553_zps863f32cf.jpg

SAM_9551_zps6fd87752.jpg

Archived