New blood for the Salvini lovers...

Thanks to some work by a super fish man(the Gaz) I have managed to get my hands on some seriously nice salvini...this nice little group of 5 were lieing away behind the scenes not getting the love they deserved and the previous owner wasn't aware of what he had in his tank...once I saw the red on these guys I had to get my hands on them....these guys will now be chunked up(underfed and don't think they have been looked after very well so another sign the previous owner didn't really have an idea about what he had)..now its time for daily massages eek.png,good food and nice water biggrin.png so heres some shots of the salvini line I'll be working with in the future...some nice red in that pattern hey rolleyes.png

SAM_9409_zpse363fb03.jpg

SAM_9399_zpsda048997.jpg

SAM_9410_zpsccf83e65.jpg

SAM_9434_zps954ef386.jpg

SAM_9415_zpsf9c1f5c8.jpg

SAM_9437_zps4fdeebba.jpg

Wow very nice matee! and your right they are from an excellent bloodline, I haven't seen red bellied salvini's for a long time now,

Most of the ones here in Sydney don't look that good, even if they are kept in top condition they just don't have those beautiful markings that your ones display!

Most people have told me that Salvini only get red bellies when breeding or in breeding dress, this may be true but not for all Salvini's.

Your Pics are proof that good Qaulity salvini, depending from what I think which region of waters they come from have different color variations. Your Salvini's do look like they have been neglected, but look at the color on them already!! and they are only gonna get better with good food and water conditions and imagine when they are in breeding dress how good they will look ..hot hot hot !!!!

Im glad they are in good hands now, good find!

Please keep us posted with updates of their progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent color. I wonder how they still this colorful even without the proper care.

Keep us posted with updates mate.

that's what makes me think they are a very nice bloodline....I personally haven't seen red like that in a salvini...and it seems its been awhile since good red ones have been around....so its good news...now to get them sized up and in breeding condition....already looks like there is a bonded pr so fingers crossed for the future

Cheers guys and yep next stop..hopefully breedtown..only thing against me is 1 boy to 4 girls.....but only takes 2 to tango :woohoo: so fingers crossed..also looks like the dominant pr have found a nice piece of pottery in the tank :drooling:

• 3 months later...

Ah wow, they look great! My Salvini's look washed as hell compare to these guys. And Male is more blue then anything else which is rather confusing. Good Luck with those guys, i really hope you get a strong bonded pair. Would be great to see real Salvini blood line make an appearance.

Archived