Latest Baby Oranda

goldenswimmers

One of my favourite fish to breed...quality Oranda(well I think they are quality anyways :eek:) ..had to grab a couple of snaps as they head into the final couple of stages of development...colour changing and the arrival of headgrowth...these little guys have some nice genetics in place coming from a pure white daddy oranda(now deceased :(..watch out for some crazy ulcers coming in on recent fish!! quarantine tank!!!) and a thai black mum...interesting to see how the colours pan out...looks to me like its going to be all whites,all blacks and bronzes....

Heres the mum:

SAM_8801_zps68c2a9ff.jpg

SAM_8814_zpsae954f46.jpg

No pics of dad but he was a beautiful fish and just happy I was able to get a spawn from him in the short time I had him..

His name(well the genetics really..Im not a fish namer:))will live on :rolleyes:

And heres the little 'uns :D

SAM_9328_zps60010219.jpg

SAM_9330_zpsee8e2250.jpg

im in the process of breeding black orandas down here as well! got a few fry in the pond, they are red/whites though. not sure if they survived, my silly cousin decided to put his unwanted comets in my pond without knowing i had my precious orandas in there!

im in the process of breeding black orandas down here as well! got a few fry in the pond, they are red/whites though. not sure if they survived, my silly cousin decided to put his unwanted comets in my pond without knowing i had my precious orandas in there!

think you will now have bigger stronger comets and maybe a few lucky surviving fry ;)

I think the good black orandas(pretty sure they are mostly from thai stock)are beautiful fish and one of my fave goldfish...

Archived